Do scripts ever wear out?

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Do scripts ever wear out?

Postby Gustavon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Do scripts ever wear out? For example, I have a SalesForce example and the eValid script runs perfectly when I'm on IE6, but if I upgrad to IE8, then my script fails. What gives?
Gustavon

Re: Do scripts ever wear out?

Postby eValid » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 am

Gustavon wrote:Do scripts ever wear out? For example, I have a SalesForce example and the eValid script runs perfectly when I'm on IE6, but if I upgrade to IE8, then my script fails. What gives?
The quick answer is that scripts don't wear out, but the environment changes may make it seem so.

If a script that runs ok when you are using IE6 then fails when you change to IE8, the question is, what is the failure?

We would need more details to find out specifically what the problem might be, of course, but what we commonly see is that the actual page changes between the two versions of IE because the server senses a different browser type and delivers a different body of HTML to the browser.

Different HTML means different content and structure and, in that case, the fact that the script playback FAILs may be a good thing: you've been alerted to a browser-dependency that you might not otherwise be aware of.

Please get back to us with details of the application, screen shots, copies of the script, and -- most important -- what the FAILure mesage is.

eValid Regression Team
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons