I Don't Have Fixed ID Tags

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

I Don't Have Fixed ID Tags

Postby bltest » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

My application is built with "extJS" and I don't have fixed ID tags but I do have some properties that are constant between application builds? How does eValid work in this case?
bltest

Re: I Don't Have Fixed ID Tags

Postby eValid » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:15 pm

bltest wrote:My application is built with "extJS" and I don't have fixed ID tags but I do have some properties that are constant between application builds? How does eValid work in this case?

The convention in web pages is to have ID tags that don't change, but we know that there are several systems, among them GWT and extJS, that redefine ID tags on the fly between application builds.

While non-constant ID tages will defeat operation of eValid's built in adaptive playback feature, all is not lost.

If you DO have some properties that are constant across application re-builds you can still adapt your recorded script to work with the eValid structural commands -- those that involve finding, reading, writing (changing), and validating and/or synchronizing on DOM element values. There is an entire section in the eValid documenation devoted to structural commands.

So, with those commands, plus your "recorded from life script" you should be able to build a script that works correctly even after an application rebuild changes all of the ID tags.

The eValid Suppor Team

(P.S. If you run into difficulty you'll be happy to know that we regularly "convert" such scripts into invulnerable scripts for a low fixed fee. Call us about this offer if you want details.)
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons