How in a sudden load of traffic to my load test scenario?

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

How in a sudden load of traffic to my load test scenario?

Postby BarbaraY » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:23 pm

Good afternoon.

In my load test scenario, I want to create a "spike", i.e., a sudden increase in the traffic imposed on the server.

Does eValid have a way of doing that?
BarbaraY

Re: How in a sudden load of traffic to my load test scenario

Postby eValid » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:30 am

BarbaraY wrote:Good afternoon.

In my load test scenario, I want to create a "spike", i.e., a sudden increase in the traffic imposed on the server.

Does eValid have a way of doing that?

Thanks for posting your question, BarbaraY.

eValid does have a set of commands to do this:

WaitHH [value]
WaitMM [value]
WaitModHH [value]
WaitModMM [value]
WaitTime HH MM
WaitTimeMod HH MM

In all cases, the currently running scripts pauses, to resume at a specific time based on the value specified in the Wait commands.

For HH commands, the value parameter has a range of 00-23.

For all MM commands, the value parameter has a range of 00-59.

WaitTime will wait for the exact hour 'HH' and exact minute 'MM' before running the next command.

WaitModHH will wait for the next exact hour that is a multiple of 'value' before running the next command.

WaitModMM will wait for the next exact minute that is a multiple of 'value' before running the next command.

WaitTimeMod will wait for the next exact hour that is a multiple of 'HH' and the next exact minute that is a multiple of 'MM' before running the next command.

WaitMod commands should ideally use values that are exactly divisible into 24 (for HH) and 60 (for MM).

Lots of variety here...good luck on your scripting!

-- eValid support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons