Appearing to imposing more load that it looks

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Appearing to imposing more load that it looks

Postby ClHoyt » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:19 am

Hi.

If I have a bunch of eValid instances all running the same script is there a way to make the load being imposed look more like more is happening?

I mean, more even over time.

TY
ClHoyt

Re: Appearing to imposing more load that it looks

Postby eValid » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:40 am

ClHoyt wrote:Hi.

If I have a bunch of eValid instances all running the same script is there a way to make the load being imposed look more like more is happening?

I mean, more even over time.

TY

Thanks for asking ClHoyt.

Turns out there is a command to handle this: WaitRandomUniform N1 N2, where N1 and N2 are the lower and upper bounds of the integer interval in which eValid waits a random amount of time, distributed uniformly between N1 and N2.

Also, N2 is supposed to be larger than N1.

What you do is put this command into the script that you're running multiple times.

During playback, eValid will wait a variable number of seconds each time the command is processed. After some number of repetitions of the script you'll have the desired "white noise" property in the imposed load.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons