How to consolidate all my loadtest results

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

How to consolidate all my loadtest results

Postby JShepard » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:22 am

Greetings.

Is there an easy way to consolidating all my LoadTest results?

I would take a long time to manually gather all the reports in a one cohesive report.

Thanks
JShepard

Re: How to consolidate all my loadtest results

Postby eValid » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:23 am

JShepard wrote:Greetings.

Is there an easy way to consolidating all my LoadTest results?

I would take a long time to manually gather all the reports in a one cohesive report.

Thanks

Thanks for posting your question JShepard.

For eValid users who use the "infinite User" license on multiple machines for running a server load test, having multiple load test logs can cause confusion in interpreting the load test results from different machines in different locations.

Through automated scripting, a user can simply consolidate all relevant information into a single log file to produce the load test graph for easier data analysis.

Follow these simple steps below to consolidate load test log files into a single file from which you can then derive performance charts for the entire test scenario:

(1) Identify the load test logs from all the machines that were used in the load test run(s).

(2) Save all the load test logs from the different machines in a central location.

(3) Consolidate the log files from the different runs into one file by using an automated script or by merging the files together through the Windows command "type".

The "type" command echos the name file and allows it to be appended to another file:

Type Log1.log >> Total.log

The sample command above copies the contents of Log1.log into Total.log.

(4) As soon as all the log files have been merged, simply open the "LoadTest Log" window from the eValid pull down by pressing "Window > Logs > LoadTest Log" or by pressing the shortcut key: "Ctrl + Alt + L".

(4) Once the "LoadTest Log" window is open, simply click on "Files > Open Log" or click on the "Open an Existing Log (.log) File" icon on the upper left-hand side of the window.

Browse for the log file that you have used to accumulate the information from the various machines' LoadTest log file data.

(5) Select the file and click "Open".

(6) Once the new log file has been loaded, simply click on the "View > Graph" or click the graph icon on the window.

(7) eValid will now generate a new Load Test Chart containing the results from all the consolidated data collected from different machines.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons