Using eValid along with the Windows Scheduler

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

Using eValid along with the Windows Scheduler

Postby ECraver » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:21 am

Hello.

I would like some additional help with using eValid with the Windows Scheduler.

Can you provide me with some help on how I might be able to accomplish this?

Thanks
ECraver

Re: Using eValid along with the Windows Scheduler

Postby eValid » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:44 am

ECraver wrote:Hello.

I would like some additional help with using eValid with the Windows Scheduler.

Can you provide me with some help on how I might be able to accomplish this?

Thanks

Great question ECraver.

To fully automate a test, we were able to properly configure eValid to be used in conjunction with the Windows Scheduler.

We were able to launch eValid, run the test, save the appropriate log files and close eValid all automatically.

With the use of the scheduler, we were able to schedule tasks to be executed automatically.

All we had to do was retrieve the results.

(1) Selecting the Script/s to be Included

Select a script to be included as a service to the scheduler such as text or image validations using the ValidateSelectedText and x ySyncRect command respectively.

(2) Creating the Batch File

In your text editor (usually notepad) add the batch command line interface to call eValid with the corresponding script (more information on the different windows command line interface can be found in the eValid Documentation).

e.g. eValid -b yahoo.evs -FE 15mins-event.log -PA Y -FM 15mins-message.log -PA Y -dd "C:\NT scheduled eValid testing\"

The above command line example runs the script "yahoo.evs", and specifies a name (-FE, -FM) for the event and message logs, and appends (-PA) to the end of each log file in the specified working directory (-dd "Path").

Save the file with a *.bat extension.

(3) Add the Batch File as a Scheduled Task

(4) Launch the scheduler or click on "Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks".

(4) Click on "File > New > Scheduled Task" to start a new task to be added in scheduler.

(5) Once the new schedule has been added, rename the schedule and double click the icon to set your preferences.

Select the appropriate path where the batch files which was earlier created is located.

(6) To change the schedule of when the command will be executed, click on the "Schedule" tab located beside the "Task" tab.

The scheduled task/s can be run daily or however often the user feels it is necessary to run these scripts.

(7) The final tab, "Settings" lets the user have control of the other options available to scheduler

(8) Once the settings have been finalized, click on the apply button. provided the settings are correct, the scheduler will prompt the user for the administrator password and will not continue to add the created task if the wrong password is supplied.

(9) Once completed, the scheduled task appears in scheduler and will launch the program based on the settings specified.

You may also want to check the specified directory in the batch file to confirm that the proper log files have been created for the specific schedule created.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons