Setting up an regression test suite

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Setting up an regression test suite

Postby SusanG » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am

Hey, eValid!

I'm putting together a regression test suite, and I need to know how to keep my suite from failing for incorrect reasons?

Thanks
SusanG

Re: Setting up an regression test suite

Postby eValid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 pm

SusanG wrote:Hey, eValid!

I'm putting together a test suite, a regression suite, and I need to know how to keep my suite from failing for incorrect reasons?

Thanks

Hi SusanG:

It's good to know you're building an automated regression test suite.

We have one rule that we have found will make the job easier, and it simply this:

One test script per product feature.

You will probably find that, as you continue to develop tests that attempt to detect important differences you will find this will make your test planning simpler.

Generally, because these kinds of tests are more focused, this also makes you test suite more compact.

We have reviewed a lot of test suites and we find that the general trend seems to be to make them larger and larger... but that doesn't improve regression detections.

A few really KEY tests can often do a better job than several hundred tests just tossed in at random, or included because they were easy to record or obvious or convenient.

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons