How do I chain commands together with eValid

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

How do I chain commands together with eValid

Postby RichardC » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:02 am

Hello.

Does eValid have a way to chain commands one after another?

We need to do this so we can structuralize our tests and make it easier to reproduce starting points?

Can you give me some details on how to approach this problem?

Thanks
RichardC

Re: How do I chain commands together with eValid

Postby eValid » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:04 am

RichardC wrote:Hello.

Does eValid have a way to chain commands one after another?

We need to do this so we can structuralize our tests and make it easier to reproduce starting points?

Can you give me some details on how to approach this problem?

Thanks

Very reasonable approach and you're to be applauded for your foresight RichardC.

In eValid there is this command: CallScript "[PATH]script-name" ["Data-Substitution-Pair [, Data-Substitution-Pair] "]

CallScript passes control of the playback to the named script and passes along the way a set of one [or more, < 256 maximum] "Data Substitution Pairs" which specify the name and value
to be assigned to that name when the new script starts up.

As a safety precaution, CallScript cannot name itself -- this avoids running the script in a closed loop.

This seems like a reasonable precaution, to avoid unnecessary work if you put the playback engine in a lock up.

But you hacker may like this, this check to avoid self-invocation only goes one step deep.

So, if you really HAVE to you can go A --> B --> A. But don't we didn't warn you.

-- eValid support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons