How to record saving an image from a website

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

How to record saving an image from a website

Postby PeterT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:24 am

Good Afternoon.

I would like to use eValid to record saving an image from a website.

Can you give some guidelines on I could do this task?

Thanks
PeterT

Re: How to record saving an image from a website

Postby eValid » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 am

PeterT wrote:Good Afternoon.

I would like to use eValid to record saving an image from a website.

Can you give some guidelines on I could do this task?

Thanks

Thanks for posting PeterT.

With eValid's exceptional recording capabilities, nearly any task done through eValid shrinks a user workload dramatically!

Saving backup images from a site by saving it locally can reduce the workload for a user by automating such task.

When used in conjunction with the eV.Generate feature, one can create a script which periodically downloads and saves it under a new filename everytime -- automatically!

(1) Start your recording normally.

(2) Navigate to the page where the image is located.

(3) In the Advanced Preferences (eValid > Settings > Record/Play/Preferences > Advanced) click the Absolute Right Clicks radio button to enable the recording of the right mouse button.

(4) Turn on "Application Mode" Recording in order to record the interaction of saving the image in a local directory.

(5) Right-click on the image and select "Save Picture As..."

(6) Set the time on when you want your scripts to be run by adding commands such as "Wait, WaitHH/MM, WaitModHH/MM".

(7) Playback your script.

As you will observe, eValid waits for the time specified and runs the script, saving the image to the local folder specified.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons