Tell Me How eValid Works Wth Silverlight?

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Tell Me How eValid Works Wth Silverlight?

Postby bbqs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Tell me how eValid works with Silverlight?
bbqs

Re: Tell Me How eValid Works Wth Silverlight?

Postby eValid » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 pm

bbqs wrote:Tell me how eValid works with Silverlight?

When a Silverlight object is deployed into a production website the internal structural information that is available during its development is suppressed from view. This is done to prevent a security risk within the Silverlight playback engine. Note that the same kind of security-risk prevention applies to Flash objects.

You can see what this is like, by using the eValid PageMap. With it you can see, after you activate the PageMap, that the Silverlight object on the page you are testing appears as an "Object" in the map -- with no further discernable DOM detail available.

But just because you don't have a DOM doesn't mean that eValid can't test the object. In these cases you switch operation into Application Mode, whereby eValid records and reproduces your activities at the desktop level rather than at the DOM level. While not as sophisticated, this operational mode is quote reliable and delivers reproducible and effective results.

-- The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons